Scottsdale is a great place to live, work, and play. The city offers a wide range of activities and amenities, including world-class golf courses, art galleries, and restaurants. Scottsdale is also home to a number of major companies, making it a great place for business professionals. The city is consistently rated as one of the best places to live in the United States, and it’s easy to see why. Scottsdale is a beautiful, welcoming community with something for everyone.
If you’re thinking of making a move to Scottsdale, congrats! When you first move to a new place and your Scottsdale movers have dropped all your belongings off, everything is overwhelming. You’re exploring your new home, getting to know your neighbors, and finding your favorite spots. You might ask yourself how one settles in after a move, and we’re here to help. Check out our tips below for how to get settled in after your move to Scottsdale.
Find a Grocery Store and Pharmacy
When you first arrive in Scottsdale, it might be a little overwhelming trying to find the right grocery store and pharmacy. Here is a guide to help you get started. For groceries, there are several options. Trader Joe’s, Fry’s, Safeway, and Walmart are all located near the 101 freeway. If you are looking for a more specialty store, Whole Foods is located near Kierland Commons. Pharmacies are also plentiful in Scottsdale. CVS and Walgreens can be found on most major streets, while Fry’s Pharmacy is located inside Fry’s grocery store.
Get to Know Your Neighbors
Newcomers to Scottsdale neighborhoods should get involved in their community by meeting and getting to know their neighbors. One way to do this is by attending a block party or social event hosted by one’s neighborhood association. Another way is by simply introducing oneself and striking up a conversation while out walking the dog or taking a morning jog. Often, people are happy to meet their new neighbors and share information about their great city of Scottsdale.
Find Fun Things To Do
Scottsdale is known for its luxury resorts and golf courses. If you are new to Scottsdale or are just looking for some fun things to do in your free time, here are a few ideas:
- Visit one of Scottsdale’s many art galleries. Some popular galleries include Bentley Gallery, Russo Lee Gallery, and Form + Function Gallery.
- Check out a show at the Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts. The center has an impressive lineup of events each season, including musicals, plays, concerts, and dance performances.
- Take a walk or bike ride through Old Town Scottsdale. This historic district is home to charming shops and restaurants as well as several museums and art galleries.
- Hit up one of Scottsdale’s beautiful parks for a picnic or some relaxation time. Some popular parks include Chaparral Park, Eldorado Park, and Vista del Camino Park.
- Go on a shopping spree at one of the city’s upscale malls or shopping districts. Some popular destinations include Kierland Commons, Fashion Square Mall, and Desert Ridge Marketplace.
Create Space for Yourself
An important thing to keep in mind after a move is to give yourself time to adjust to your new home. This may mean arranging your furniture in a way that feels comfortable to you, taking time to decorate your home in your own style, or simply spending time in each room to get to know it better. Don’t be afraid to experiment a little – after all, this is your home and you should make it feel like your own.
Overall, it is important to get settled in after your move to Scottsdale. Taking the time to do so will help you feel comfortable in your new surroundings and make the transition easier.